AccueilGeneration to Reproduction : Three job opportunities in Cambridge
Publié le lundi 29 juin 2009 par Delphine Cavallo
Generation to Reproduction
Wellcome Strategic Award in History of Medicine
As part of a 5-year Wellcome strategic award in the history of medicine on the theme 'Generation to Reproduction', the Department seeks to appoint to three positions, available from 1 October 2009:
1. Events and Outreach Officer in History of Medicine (5 years, 0.6; £26,391 - £28,839 p.a. pro rata).
The successful candidate will organize academic events, act as exhibition officer for ‘The Book of Generation’, handle general publicity and, above all, take the initiative in imaginatively expanding our outreach programme. S/he will play a crucial role in facilitating, coordinating and enhancing activities under the grant.
2. Two-year Postdoctoral Research Associate in History of Reproductive Sciences (£27,183 - £28,839 p.a.)
The successful candidate will pursue independent research within a sub-project on ‘Twentieth-century transformations: technologies, experiences and regulation’. Suitable topics include (but are not limited to) the involvements of the reproductive sciences in animal breeding, or previously neglected aspects of innovation in mid-twentieth century Britain and/or the United States. S/he will be encouraged to apply for follow-on funding. There will be opportunities for undergraduate and, if appropriate, postgraduate teaching.
3. One-year Research Assistant in Modern Social and Medical History (£23,449 - £27,183).
The successful candidate will work with Dr Simon Szreter in his investigation of the history of venereal diseases in Britain in relation to the fertility decline, 1860–1940. S/he will have the opportunity to develop his or her own research through an assisted application for a follow-on project.
The closing date is 24 July and interviews will be in September.
More information: <http://www.hps.cam.ac.uk/generation/>.
- Université of Cambridge
- vendredi 24 juillet 2009
- histoire de la médecine
- Nick Hopwood
courriel : ndh12 [at] cam [dot] ac [dot] uk
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Christelle Rabier
courriel : christelle [dot] rabier [at] ens [dot] fr
Pour citer cette annonce
« Generation to Reproduction : Three job opportunities in Cambridge », Bourse, prix et emploi , Calenda, Publié le lundi 29 juin 2009, http://calenda.org/197479
Archiver cette annonce
À lire sur le même thème
- PhD Opportunity at Queen Mary Centre for the History of the Emotions: Medicine, Emotions and Disease in History
- Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Science, Technology and Innovation Studies
- Recherche médicale, développement et mémoire dans le Nigéria colonial et postcolonial
- Deux contrats postdoctoraux en histoire et en philosophie des sciences sociales
- PhD Studentship on Medicine. Emotion and Disease
- Professorship of Early Modern History, specialising in Western European History
- Lecturership in Modern (Global) History
- Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowship at the Courtauld Institute of Art, London, 2013-2015
- Poste temporaire de professeur assistant en civilisation française post-1800 (New York University)
- Projet Board of Longitude