AccueilSettling Into Motion (2010)
Settling Into Motion - The Bucerius Ph.D. Scholarships in Migration Studies (2010)
Appel international à candidatures : bourses de doctorat
International call for applications: Ph.D. scholarships
Publié le mardi 09 février 2010 par Karim Hammou
„Settling Into Motion“ – The Bucerius Ph.D. Scholarships in Migration Studies
The ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius requests applications for 6-8 Ph.D. Scholarships in migration studies.
The Bucerius Ph.D. scholarship program in migration studies "Settling Into Motion" offers up to eight scholarships for Ph.D. theses addressing migration in changing societies. For 2010, research applications on “Migration, Diversity and the Future of Modern Societies” are especially welcome.
Qualified Ph.D. students of - in a broad sense - social sciences can apply until 25 February 2010.
Please find further information as well as the online application on the program's website: www.settling-into-motion.de
- Monthly stipend of 1.200 Euros, additional funds for special research needs available on an individual basis.
- 6-8 scholarships per year.
- Scholarships are granted for 1 up to 3 years.
- Yearly conferences and field trips.
- Students communicate on a web-based platform and organize workshops supported by a program assistant.
Migration leads to increasing diversity in many countries all over the world. Sometimes this results in challenges of established institutions as well as cultural practices of modern societies. Current migrant populations are more heterogeneous than ever before: migrants and their descendants have not only different religious, cultural and ethnic roots, but they also differ with regard to their citizenship status, as well as their professional and economic backgrounds. At the same time, governments in receiving societies frequently react to this phenomenon with integration schemes that implicitly address a non-existent homogeneous “migrant population”. On the other hand, there are examples where diversity and cultural pluralism are seen as strength and advantage.
Ph.D. students dealing with these broad issues in different regions of the world are invited to apply for a scholarship. We encourage the following topics, but will also consider other approaches:
- Diversity and political order
- Migration and cultural, ethnic and religious diversity
- Integration policies
- Cultural policy and the management of diversity
- Concepts and categories in migration and integration debates
Innovative approaches both in terms of subject matter and methodology are highly encouraged.
- jeudi 25 février 2010
- migration, intégration, diversité
- Dr. Anna Hofmann
courriel : hofmann [at] zeit-stiftung [dot] de
Source de l'information
- Anna Hofmann
courriel : bartels [at] zeit-stiftung [dot] de
Pour citer cette annonce
« Settling Into Motion (2010) », Bourse, prix et emploi, Calenda, Publié le mardi 09 février 2010, http://calenda.org/200193
Archiver cette annonce
À lire sur le même thème
- Settling Into Motion (2011)
- Hypercultura: Reviewers needed
- Schengen: people, borders and mobility
- Identity, Religion and Ethnicity
- Les oiseaux comme nourritures : perspectives interculturelles et questions de santé
- Mainstream political parties and immigrants: discourses, politicization and participation
- Six doctoral studentships in History of Europe from the Middle Ages to Present Time
- Multi.Pluri.Trans. Emerging Fields in Educational Ethnography
- Peoples and borders. Seventy years of movement of persons in Europe, to Europe, from Europe (1945-2015)
- PhD scholarship in Digital Heritage and Virtual Culture