AccueilCorruption et conflits d'intérêts
Corruption and conflicts of interests
Troisième séminaire de la série « Analyse économique du droit et des politiques publiques »
Third seminar of the "Economic analysis of public law and policies" series
Publié le vendredi 22 juillet 2011 par Karim Hammou
It is very important in our mind that the seminar in general, and this session in particular, is conceived in a truly multidisciplinary manner, combining legal, economics and socio-political analysis in order to facilitate a dialogue on common objects and identify possible directions for future common research projects, while acknowledging the pivotal role of economics and quantitative methods.
The Governance and Public Law Center at Sciences Po and the Continental Law Foundation are organizing their third seminar on economic analysis of public law and policies on the following theme: « CORRUPTION AND CONFLICTS OF INTERESTS».
From 9 am from 12:30 - First Workshop: General Analysis
Introductory remarks: Jean-Bernard AUBY, Professor of Public Law, Director of Governance and Public Law Center.
CHAIR: Anthony Ogus, Professor of Law, Manchester University and University of Rotterdam
- Anthony Ogus, Professor of Law, University of Manchester and University of Rotterdam: “Regulation and corruption”
- Yseult Marique, Lecturer, University of Essex School of Law: “Corruption and conflicts of interests in public contracts“.
- Grégory Houilllon, Assistant Professor, University of Poitiers: "Corruption and conflicts of interests from the perspective of lobbying”.
10:45 – 11:00: COFFEE BREAK
- Bernardo Giorgio Mattarella, Professor of Administrative Law and European Administrative Law, Siena University: “The conflicts of interests of public officers: rules, checks and penalties”.
- Javier Barnes, Professor of Law, University of Huelva: "From Old and Limited Administrative Neutrality in Decision-Making Procedures to Broad Impartiality Based on New Models of Conflicts of Interests"
- Timothée Paris, Administrative Judge: “Is Continental law efficient to fight conflicts of interests?“
From 12:30 to 14:00: Lunch break
From 14.00 pm to 18:00 - Second Workshop: Case Studies
CHAIR: Susan Rose-Ackerman, Henry R. Luce Professor of Jurisprudence Yale University.
- Susan Rose-Ackerman, Henry R. Luce Professor of Jurisprudence Yale University: "What is a conflict of interest? Should it be classified as corruption?"
- Hubert, Delzangles, Professor of Law, University of Limoges: "Regulatory Authorities and Conflicts of Interests".
15:45 – 16:00 COFFEE BREAK
- Nicola Bonucci, Director for Legal Affairs, OECD: “Is the OECD work on corruption and on conflict of interest a way to address the supply side and the demand side”.
- Laurence Folliot-Lalliot, Senior Legal Counsel (Procurement), The World Bank: “World Bank's policies in the fight against corruption and conflicts of interests”.
- Jan Richter, Dr in Law, Head of Public Sector Governance, Centre for Governance and Anti-Corruption, Basel Institute on Governance: “Conflict of interest of members of government in the MENA region - effects and solutions?”
CONCLUSION: Bruno Deffains, Professor of Economics, Paris II University.
- 13 rue de l’Université (Sciences-Po - Salle du Conseil, fifth Floor)
- mercredi 28 septembre 2011
- Christine Briatte
courriel : chaire [dot] madp [at] sciences-po [dot] fr
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Thomas Perroud
courriel : thomas [dot] perroud [at] gmail [dot] com
Pour citer cette annonce
« Corruption et conflits d'intérêts », Journée d'étude, Calenda, Publié le vendredi 22 juillet 2011, http://calenda.org/205029