AccueilThe Political Project of the European Union: Current State and Future Perspectives
Publié le vendredi 14 octobre 2011 par Marie Pellen
8-10 December 2011
Instituto de Filosofia da Linguagem - Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas - Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Albert Weale (University College London)
- Dario Castiglione (University of Exeter)
- Sergio Fabbrini (LUISS Guido Carli, Rome)
The conference aims to assess the political project of the European Union both in its present contours and in its future prospects. The conference takes place within the framework of an FCT sponsored research project on Constitutionalisation and EU identity that the Institute of Philosophy of Language and the Research Centre for Law and Society of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa jointly carry out.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- The political identity of the EU: cultural, political, and institutional aspects.
- The political meaning of constitutionalisation. How EU institutions have promoted constitutionalisation, on what purpose, and with which results.
- The debate on the democratic deficit and the legitimation of EU institutions.
- The monetary union, international financial crises, and national sovereignty: the political implications of an economic project.- Migration and solidarity: closure and openness of EU borders.
- Why are we members? Reasons to join the EU and widespread expectations towards membership in new member states.- The EU as an international actor? Assessing the political identity of EU foreign policy.
Contributions are welcome from political scientist, sociologists, philosophers, historians, and professionals.
Envio de resumos
Abstracts of approximately 500 words (suitable for a presentation of 25 min.) should be sent to the address below by the 8th of October, 2011: lisbonEUconference@gmail.com
Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by the 15th of October.
A selections of extended contributions will be published in hard cover. See our institute's publications series at: http://www.peterlang.com/index.cfm?event=cmp.ccc.seitenstruktur.detailseiten&seitentyp=series&pk=1552&concordeid=LPS##
For further information: Paulo Barcelos firstname.lastname@example.org
- Av. de Berna, 26-C (FCSH-UNL)
- samedi 08 octobre 2011
- Gabriele De Angelis
courriel : Gabriele [at] fcsh [dot] unl [dot] pt
- Paulo Barcelos
courriel : pbarcelos [at] fcsh [dot] unl [dot] pt
Source de l'information
- Marta Maia
courriel : martamaia72 [at] yahoo [dot] fr
Pour citer cette annonce
« The Political Project of the European Union: Current State and Future Perspectives », Appel à contribution, Calenda, Publié le vendredi 14 octobre 2011, http://calenda.org/205458
Archiver cette annonce
À lire sur le même thème
- Screen media and memory
- La compétition idéologique dans la discipline économique
- First International Conference on Public Policy (ICPP)
- Challenges for public and private sector
- Res Publica
- Les moyens de mettre juridiquement en œuvre la justice intergénérationnelle
- Configurações contemporâneas do racismo e do eurocentrismo
- The Reform of Russian and Post-Soviet Militaries
- 6 doctoral studentships in History of Europe from the Middle Ages to Present Time
- Democracy and Technology, Europe in Tension from the 19th to the 21st Century