AccueilFellowship « Transitions » at the Italian-German Historical Institute of Trient (Isig), Italy
Fellowship « Transitions » at the Italian-German Historical Institute of Trient (Isig), Italy
Publié le jeudi 01 décembre 2011 par Claire Ducournau
Istituto storico italo-germanico di Trento (Isig) / Fondazione Bruno
Italienisch-Deutsches Historisches Institut (Isig), Trient
Kessler, Trento, Italy, 01.09.2012-30.09.2014
from 1 to 3 years (look at the website: isig.fbk.eu/ )
Thematic areas :
Only projects within the research area of Isig will be considered for evaluation:
"Transition as a historiographical issue. The phases of the critical development of 'modernity' 1494–1973."
The research project addresses the issue of historical transition, i.e. looks at how "cultural" paradigms, which allow individuals and political communities to understand and master historical dynamics, dissolve and rebuild.
"Culture" is precisely understood as the term-concept to represent different phenomena, ranging from intellectual elaborations to communication experiences, to spontaneous or disciplined constructions of elements of "education", to the development of management and control tools of the public space and institutional structures they are overseen by.
The time period considered is long-term, because it starts roughly from the phase of the "wars of Italy" (1494) and extends up to the perceptions of radical transformations that took place during the early '70s of the twentieth century. The research has focused on three main stages. The first concerns the period from the wars of Italy (1464) to the conclusion of the Council of Trento (1563), when the paradigm of "renaissance" required reshaping under the influence of the final falling apart of the "res publica christiana" due both to the development of spheres of self-regulating political power dodging opinions external to them, and as a consequence of the collapse of the denominational unity of Western Christianity.
Call for applications :
The Fondazione Bruno Kessler - FBK - invites the submission of proposals for the Programme RESTATE, cofounded by the FP7 Marie Curie Actions - People - Co-funding of Regional, National and International Programmes.
Applicants shall comply with the eligibility conditions detailed below.
FBK, which acts as Host Institution and Coordinator of the Programme, is a non-profit research organization of the Autonomous Province of Trento- Italy. FBK represents a point of reference in the international scientific community and a hub for the development of technologies and applications of social and market interest. FBK conducts research in the areas of Information Technology, Materials and Microsystems, Theoretical Physics, Italian-German Historical Studies, and Religious Sciences.
Description of the fellowships:
The call is organized according to the following mobility schemes :
- New Incoming fellowships. Applicants to this scheme may originate from any country inside or outside Europe, provided however that over the previous 36 months they have worked outside Italy for at least 24 months. At the deadline for submission of proposals, applicants must
either be in possession of a PhD degree, or can exhibit evidence of having at least four years full time equivalent experience as researchers.
- New Re-integration fellowships. This scheme is reserved to applicants of any nationality who have carried out secondary or advanced studies in Italy, have then worked in one of the third countries1 for at least three years, and are now interested in returning to Italy to further their research interests. At the relevant deadline for submission of proposals, applicants must either be in possession of a PhD degree, or can exhibit evidence of having at least four years full time equivalent experience as researchers.
Eligibility conditions :
Applicants should meet the following eligibility conditions :
- To be experienced researchers, according the definition given by the European Commission, i.e. be either in possession of a doctoral degree, irrespective of the time spent to acquire it, or to have at least a four year full-time equivalent experience as
- Third Countries are neither countries which are EU Member States nor countries associated to FP7 (Associated countries). [read more on CORDIS] For incoming fellowships, applicants may originate from any country inside or outside Europe, provided however that over the previous 36 months they have worked outside Italy for at least 24 months ;
- For re-integration fellowship, applicants must have carried out secondary or advanced studies in Italy, have then worked in one of the third countries for at least 3 years, and are now and are now willing to return to Italy to further their research interests.
Characteristics of the projects :
Projects being proposed shall have an average length of 24 months (min 12 months, max 36 months) and exhibit a maximum yearly cost of EUR 64.400, including salary, allowances, travel and any other costs related to the project.
As a general rule proposals should be written so to allow the evaluation of the following elements:
- Subject and general and specific objectives of the project;
- Feasibility and project management;
- Financial planning of the project.
The proposals must be written in English.
Presentation of projects :
Submissions are accepted only through the RESTATE online platform (http://cofund.fbk.eu).
Proposals must be written in English using the templates available on the website. An helpdesk will be activated at the following address:
The deadline for the submission of the applications is
January 13th, 2012, at 5.00 PM (GMT+1),
when the online submission system will be deactivated.
Fellowship costs breakdown :
The annual cost for the salary, awarded to the researcher, is up to EUR52.400,00, which corresponds to a gross salary of EUR44.477,00. Researchers will benefit from contribution to Italian pension national funds, health and accident insurance.
Other costs may include:
There are two reference amounts depending on the family situation of the researcher at the time of the recruitment:
- EUR500/month: researcher with family obligations (marriage or
relationship with equivalent status to a marriage recognized by the
national legislation of the fellow);
- EUR350/month: researcher without family obligations.
In case the distance between the researcher's residence and the host organization is between 1.500 - 2.500 km, a travel allowance up to a maximum of EUR 1.000,00 per year;
Research Costs contribution
of up to EUR 420/month (max EUR 5.000/year), for lab based activities, and EUR 200,00/month (max EUR 2.400/year) for non lab-based activities.
Amounts given for Mobility allowances and Travel are to be intended before taxes.
Evaluation outcome will be published on the RESTATE website within 90 days after closure of the call. Applicants will be notified by email about the selection outcome of their application, through a summary evaluation report based on the above mentioned evaluation criteria.
Fellowships will be awarded according to the selection ranking and the available budget.
Detailed information: isig.fbk.eu/de/node/546
Selected applicants will be required to communicate their acceptance and the starting date of the project within 30 days from notification of the outcome of the selection process; otherwise the funding will be revoked. The starting date of the project must be chosen between either 60 or 180 days after the date of publication of the final ranking.
FBK will appoint a "collaboration for research activity," contract to the selected.
- Via S. Croce, 77 (FBK - ISIG)
- vendredi 13 janvier 2012
- Fellowship; Isig;
- Émilie Delivré
courriel : delivre [at] fbk [dot] eu
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Émilie Delivré
courriel : delivre [at] fbk [dot] eu
Pour citer cette annonce
« Fellowship « Transitions » at the Italian-German Historical Institute of Trient (Isig), Italy », Bourse, prix et emploi, Calenda, Publié le jeudi 01 décembre 2011, http://calenda.org/206413
Archiver cette annonce
À lire sur le même thème
- Scholarship Competition for the Isig-Conference (Italian-German Historical Institute)
- Five fellowships (3 doctoral and 2 post-doctoral) on Comparative Medieval Encyclopaedism at the University of Louvain
- Raconter la guerre
- Terra Foundation Fellowships at the Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Visiting Fellows in Centre for History and Philosophy of Science (Leeds)