AccueilDeux contrats postdoctoraux en histoire et en philosophie des sciences sociales
Two post doc positions in History and Philosophy of Social Science
Publié le vendredi 06 janvier 2012 par Christelle Rabier
RESEARCH ASSOCIATES IN HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE, Dept HPS, Cambridge
Salary: £27,428-£35,788 pa
We are seeking to appoint two post-doctoral research associates for the ERC-funded project 'A Science of Human Nature: Philosophical Disputes at the Interface of Natural and Social Science', recently awarded to Dr Tim Lewens.
The successful candidates will work full-time on this project, including maintaining and updating the project website, participating in project seminars and workshops, helping to organize workshops, and providing editorial assistance for publications. The successful candidates will have the ability to work reliably and efficiently to deadlines and targets. They will be expected to produce at least one research paper a year on a topic relevant to the project and to assist in compiling an edited volume of papers. They will be mentored by Dr Lewens.
Candidates should have:
- An outstanding record in a field related to the project: such fields are likely to include the philosophy of social science, the history of science (especially social and human sciences), and the philosophy of mind
- An excellent knowledge of methodological and ontological debates regarding the study of human culture and human nature, either from a historical or philosophical perspective.
- Completed their doctorate by the time of taking up the appointment.
The application, in hard copy only, should consist of:
- A cover letter
- An up-to-date CV
- A list of publications
- 2 samples of original, written work in a related area (c. 10,000 words in total)
- 2 letters of reference: Applicants should ask their referees to post or email references to the Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org), to arrive by the closing date.
- A description of your research plans and an explanation of how your research will contribute to project. This should not exceed 1,000 words.
- Parts 1 and 3 of the University's CHRIS6 application form. This is available at http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/hr/forms/chris6/chris6.doc
Applications should be sent to Reception, Department of History and Philosophy of Science, University of Cambridge, Free School Lane, Cambridge CB2 3RH.
Relevant excerpts from the original ERC proposal. can be found on the Department's website, http://www.hps.cam.ac.uk/jobs/scinat.pdf
Informal enquiries may also be made to the Administrator, on (01223) 334540. Fax: (01223) 334554. Email: email@example.com
- Limit of tenure: 4 years, or until 31/08/16
Quote Reference: JN11692, Closing Date: 10 February 2012
- Interview Date: 09/03/2012
- Cambridge, Grande-Bretagne
- vendredi 10 février 2012
- sciences humaines et sociales, épistémologie
- HPS Administrator
courriel : hps-jobs [at] hermes [dot] cam [dot] ac [dot] uk
Source de l'information
- Simon Schaffer
courriel : sjs16 [at] cam [dot] ac [dot] uk
Pour citer cette annonce
« Deux contrats postdoctoraux en histoire et en philosophie des sciences sociales », Bourse, prix et emploi, Calenda, Publié le vendredi 06 janvier 2012, http://calenda.org/206803