AccueilPosition : Director of the IEA de Paris
Position : Director of the IEA de Paris
Publié le lundi 30 janvier 2012 par Loïc Le Pape
The director is a world-class, prominent figure in the IEA de Paris’s areas of activity.
It is a full-time position that involves managing and representing the IEA de Paris. The director is responsible for the association’s activity with the Board of Trustees and the Members' Assembly and works in cooperation with the Scientific Board.
The director’s tasks include :
- Conducting his/her own scientific research.
- Overseeing the scientific management of the institute, in particular the selection of Fellows, engaging with the scientific work of the community of fellows and planning events with other parties, including the academic institutions of the Members’ Assembly.
- Jointly managing the association with the secretary-general.
- Representing the IEA de Paris towards the general public, Parisian, national and international academic institutions, and the association’s financial supporters.
To carry out these tasks, the director must meet the following specific requirements :
S/he must be a top-level researcher whose reputation and work are in line with IEA de Paris’s ambitions and offer a source of appeal for the institute.
S/he must be accustomed to working in an international environment that values interdisciplinary and intercultural exchange and be open to the non-academic world.
In addition to being a recognised expert in his/her field, s/he must be a privileged contact to the annual resident community, through his/her interest in other researchers’ disciplines. Through experience, s/he is capable of assessing appraisals made by scientific board members and external experts in other specialist fields, as part of residents’ invitations.
As the IAS’s representative to local, national and international bodies, s/he is the main contact person for the Mayor of Paris, the French Minister for Research and representatives of major French research organisations, such as the CNRS and international funding agencies s such as the ERC or the NSF.
S/he is in charge of a small team. Although the director is supported by a competent administrator in the field of research, the secretary-general, s/he has executive power and must be able to supervise and motivate this team.
No requirements concerning research field or nationality, but fluency in English and French are a minimum.
Applications have to include:
- Short statement of motivation
- Full cv, publication list and contact details
- Strategic vision for IEA de Paris (max 2 pages)
- A confirmation of prior exchange of information regarding the remuneration scheme
and related issues with :
- François Weil, Président of the EHESS, Ecole des hautes études en sciences sociales., 190-198 avenue de France 75013 Paris, Phone: +33 1 49 54 25 01/02 email@example.com or
- Florence Kunian, Chief of Staff of Jean-Louis Missika, Deputy Mayor of Paris in charge of Innovation, Research and Higher education, Phone : +33 1 42 76 45 41, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the position of Director of IEA Paris are to be sent electronically in English or French to the Chair of the International Search Committee Professor Dr.Helga Nowotny, Ph.D. President of the European Research Council email@example.com
before 1 March 2012.
Short listed candidates will be invited for an interview in Paris on 19-20 March 2012.
- Paris, France
- jeudi 01 mars 2012
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Sabah Touiher
courriel : sabah [dot] touiher [at] ehess [dot] fr
Pour citer cette annonce
« Position : Director of the IEA de Paris », Bourse, prix et emploi, Calenda, Publié le lundi 30 janvier 2012, http://calenda.org/207101
Archiver cette annonce
À lire sur le même thème
- Research Fellowship in the field of European Administrative History
- The semantics of tolerance and (anti-)racism in Europe
- Fung Global Fellows Program on "Ethnic Politics and Identities"
- Identities on the move: the Caucasus between the local, the regional and the global
- Two post-doctoral fellowships Fernand Braudel – IFER Fellowships