AccueilPortugal nos dois últimos séculos
Portugal in the last two centuries
Publié le mercredi 22 février 2012 par Marie Pellen
Organization: Centro de Estudos de História Contemporânea – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (CEHC-IUL) - Lisbon, Portugal
- Ana Mónica Fonseca (CEHC-IUL),
- Thiago Carvalho (CEHC-IUL),
- Daniel Marcos (IPRI-UNL).
- Luís Nuno Rodrigues (CEHC-IUL),
- Pedro Oliveira (FCSH-UNL),
- Álvaro Garrido (FEUC),
- Fernando Martins (CIDEHUS/UE),
- José Miguel Sardica (UCP),
- Filipe Ribeiro de Meneses (National University of Ireland),
- Jeremy Ball (Dickinson College, USA).
Portugal in the last two centuries – I International Graduate Conference on Portuguese Modern and Contemporary History 2012, will convene between June 21st and 23rd 2012 at Lisbon University Institute. Its main purpose is to promote exchange of knowledge between young graduate researchers (MA and PhD students) and young scholars (PhD concluded in the last five years) working on Portuguese Modern and Contemporary History both in Portugal and abroad.
We invite graduate students and young scholars to propose methodologically innovative approaches and agendas, emphasizing long-term influences, transformations and evolutions that offer outlook for historical comparisons across time and space. We also encourage the participation of young historians with different perspectives influenced by related disciplines from social sciences and humanities.
Sub-panel proposals and individual papers are welcomed for any of the following general panels:
- Portugal from liberalism to democracy: institutions, political transitions and regime change.
- Social, economic and technological transformation.
- Portuguese cultural and ideological identities.
- The last imperial cycle: colonialism and decolonization.
- Portugal and the International Systems: foreign policy and international relations.
300 word proposals and a one-page CV (in Word or PDF format) can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until March 31st, 2012. The abstracts will be subjected to a referee process carried out by the conference scientific committee. The conference working languages will be Portuguese and English. For additional information about the conference, please contact the conference organizers at email@example.com.
- Avenida das Forças Armadas (ISCTE-IUL)
- samedi 31 mars 2012
- CEHCP #
courriel : histportgc2012 [at] gmail [dot] com
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Marta Maia
courriel : martamaia72 [at] yahoo [dot] fr
Pour citer cette annonce
« Portugal nos dois últimos séculos », Appel à contribution, Calenda, Publié le mercredi 22 février 2012, http://calenda.org/207389