AccueilDeux postes de maître de conférences temporaires (trois ans) en histoire économique à la London School of Economics
Deux postes de maître de conférences temporaires (trois ans) en histoire économique à la London School of Economics
Two three-year temporary lectureships in Economic History at London School of Economics
Publié le mercredi 06 juin 2012 par Loïc Le Pape
Economic History Department : Lectureships in Economic History (3-year fixed term)
Salary: £40,634 to £47,047 per annum inclusive with potential to progress to £52,901 per annum inclusive
The Department of Economic History hopes to appoint two Lecturers in Economic History from 1st September 2012. Following in a long, distinguished tradition of research and teaching, the Department of Economic History uses concepts and theories from the social sciences as a starting point for studying the development of real economies and understanding them in their social, political and cultural contexts. Teaching and research in the Department has a global emphasis, and the expertise of current faculty is diverse in subject matter, theoretical emphasis and methodology.
We welcome applications from all fields of economic history in its broadest sense, but at least one of the lecturers will be expected to teach quantitative methods in economic history at both elementary and more advanced levels.
You will teach, publish research, supervise students and act as Academic Advisor to students at all levels.
Please see the instructions of how to apply, job description and person specification at www.lse.ac.uk/jobsatLSE and select “view the online recruitment system”. If you experience any issues please contact HR by e-mail to HR.Jobs@lse.ac.uk .
Applications must be received by 23:59 on the closing date of Thursday 5 July 2012 (UK time).
Applications must take the form of a full Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume and a covering letter.
- Your covering letter should consist of a summary of your past, current and future research projects. Please give prospective publication dates of work currently in preparation, where appropriate.
- After completing your personal details online, you will be prompted to attach your CV and then yourcovering letter.
- Some posts in the School require you to attach further supporting documents in addition to your CV and covering letter. However, this particular post does not require you to attach any further supporting documents as part of your application. Therefore, please do not attach any documents to the Supporting Documents page of the online application form and just click ‘save and proceed’ to move to the next page.
- To contribute to the scholarship and intellectual life of the School by conducting research which will enhance the School's high reputation as a research-led teaching institution. Publication of research in books and articles in refereed journals is particularly encouraged.
- To engage in teaching as determined by the Head of Department. The range of teaching duties may change from time to time.
- To take responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered and as necessary seek further training, guidance and skills development to ensure that standards are maintained and improved.
- To act as a reviewer for academic journals
- Supervising occasional teachers, including organising and delegating work
- Fostering departmental collegiality and fulfilling obligations to the Head of Department and colleagues
- Engaging with external institutions, organisations and the wider community to support research, teaching and School strategic objectives.
- To develop course proposals, shaping and influencing curriculum development and innovations in teaching practice.
- To manage as appropriate any grants which are secured, including the recruitment and management of any additional research staff required to fulfil the contracts, organizing conferences, establishing contacts with the wider academic community, and disseminating knowledge through public activities which further enhance the scholarly reputation of the LSE.
- To accept responsibility within the School: this involves departmental administrative responsibilities in respect of student services, student recruitment and advice as well as participating in aspects of School governance on School committees.
- To act as personal tutor to BSc and MSc students.
- To supervise Ph.D. students as appropriate.
- To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed, and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above.
- This job description sets out the requirements of the post at the time it was drawn up, the details of the duties may change over time without changing the general character and purpose of the post of Lecturer of the level of responsibility encompassed.
- The post holder is required to minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role, and actively contribute to the delivery of the LSE Environmental Policy.
- Houghton Street (London School of Economics, Department of Economic History)
City of London, Grande-Bretagne
- jeudi 05 juillet 2012
- Economic History, méthodes quantitatives
- Linda Sampson
courriel : L [dot] Sampson [at] lse [dot] ac [dot] uk
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Christelle Rabier
courriel : christelle [dot] rabier [at] ehess [dot] fr
Pour citer cette annonce
« Deux postes de maître de conférences temporaires (trois ans) en histoire économique à la London School of Economics », Bourse, prix et emploi, Calenda, Publié le mercredi 06 juin 2012, http://calenda.org/208856
Archiver cette annonce
À lire sur le même thème
- XIXe congrès de l'Association européenne d'études chinoises
- In Search of Peace
- Families, constructions of foreignness and migration in 20th century Western Europe
- Three postdoctoral research fellowships: Making Genomic Medicine
- PhD position within the International Max Planck Research School for the Anthropology, Archaeology and History of Eurasia (IMPRS ANARCHIE)
- PhD scholarship in Digital Heritage and Virtual Culture
- Six doctoral studentships in History of Europe from the Middle Ages to Present Time
- Postes et bourses en histoire, ethnologie et archéologie à Halle-Wittemberg (Allemagne)
- Medicine Anthropology Theory
- Identities on the move: the Caucasus between the local, the regional and the global