AccueilTerra Foundation Publication Grants (2013)
Publié le jeudi 11 octobre 2012 par Loïc Le Pape
Books may receive up to $30,000; articles may receive up to $3,000. The deadline for all grant applications is January 15, 2013. For more information, please visit terraamericanart.org/grants/publication-grants/.
Through our publication grants, the Terra Foundation for American Art provides support for publication projects on historical American art (circa 1500 to 1980) that make a significant contribution to scholarship and have an international dimension. “International dimensions” vary by project, but include translations of important texts on American art; publications that are written by non-U.S. scholars or that have a significant number of non-U.S. contributors; and publications with a focused thesis exploring American art in an international context. The grants are designed to advance and internationalize scholarship on American art and provide individuals outside the United States with greater access to resources in the field. Applications will be judged competitively on an annual basis.
Submissions are due January 15, 2013, and awards will be announced in May 2013. Applicants are highly encouraged to contact TFAA (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the deadline to confirm eligibility and discuss the project.
Grant funding is available for scholarly books and articles in print or digital formats that focus on historical American art (circa 1500 to 1980) and have an international dimension. These include:
- Projects involving a United States 501(c)(3) publisher or the international equivalent. The Terra Foundation only accepts proposals from the publisher.* Download the application for projects involving a United States 501(c)(3) or the international equivalent.
- Non-U.S. based projects without a United States 501(c)(3) publisher or the international equivalent. The author or editor of the volume may apply.** Download the application for non-U.S. based projects without a United States 501(c)(3) publisher or the international equivalent.
Projects involving a commercial publisher based in the United States are ineligible.
Projects must be under contract for publication. The Terra Foundation strongly encourages proposals for:
- Books/articles examining American art in an international context,
- Books/articles for publication outside the United States,
- Internationally collaborative projects,
- English-language translations of books/articles originally written or published in another language, or
- Translations of books/articles originally written or published in English.
The Terra Foundation does not accept proposals for new exhibition catalogues (as these are supported through our exhibition grants) or collection catalogues. Translations or reprints of exhibition catalogues originally published prior to 2005 will be considered if they contain substantial scholarship.
Awarded grants and distribution of funds
- Books may receive a grant up to $30,000 (though generally grants do not exceed $15,000). Articles may receive a grant up to $3,000.
- TFAA preference is to contribute toward the image rights and translation costs for a publication, though other production costs may be requested.
- TFAA funding will not cover the entire budget for a publication.
- Awarded grants will be announced annually each spring; monies will be disbursed when the project is in a closing stage of production (final galley proofs or the equivalent).
* Please confirm the status of the publisher before beginning the application process; questions can be directed to the grants manager at email@example.com. ** Grant procedures are pending IRS approval and are subject to change.
- Amériques (Catégorie principale)
- Espaces > Amériques > États-Unis
- Périodes > Époque contemporaine > XIXe siècle
- Esprit et Langage > Représentations > Histoire de l'Art
- Périodes > Époque contemporaine > XXe siècle
- Esprit et Langage > Représentations > Études visuelles
- Périodes > Époque contemporaine
- Esprit et Langage > Représentations
- mardi 15 janvier 2013
- art, americain, international, États-Unis, United States, American, grant, publication, book, article, art history, histoire de l'art
- Francesca Rose
courriel : publications [at] terraamericanart [dot] eu
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Chloe Peterson-Cochrane
courriel : intern2 [at] terraamericanart [dot] eu
Pour citer cette annonce
« Terra Foundation Publication Grants (2013) », Bourse, prix et emploi, Calenda, Publié le jeudi 11 octobre 2012, http://calenda.org/223459