AccueilTerra Foundation Summer Residency Fellowships (2013)
Publié le jeudi 11 octobre 2012 par Elsa Zotian
Each summer, the Terra Foundation for American Art offers ten residential fellowships for emerging artists and predoctoral scholars in a setting rich in art historical significance. Since 2001, the Terra Summer Residency has provided fellows with the opportunity to pursue individual work and research within a framework of interdisciplinary exchange and cross-cultural dialogue. In addition to working collaboratively, fellows interact regularly with invited senior advisors and guest lecturers—established international artists, curators, and professors in the field of American art. The program supports the creative and research projects of the residents, inspiring them to reflect on cultural interpretive models and encouraging them to create an intellectual network for lifelong exchange.
The residency will take place in Giverny, France, from June 17 to August 11, 2013.
Applications are due January 15, 2013, and awards will be announced in May 2013.
Applicants must be either:
- A visual artist with a master’s degree or its equivalent. Preference is given to applicants who have completed their degree within the past five years. Download the artist fellowship application form.
- A doctoral candidate researching American art and visual culture or its role in a context of international artistic exchange prior to 1980. Candidates should be at an advanced stage of their doctoral research and writing. Download the predoctoral scholar fellowship application form.
All applicants are expected to be fluent in English; knowledge of French is desirable but not required.
Applicants must be nominated by their dissertation advisor or professor or previous art-school supervisor. Each professor may nominate a maximum of two students each year.
Selected fellows are required to give a presentation outlining their research/artistic project; attend the seminars/lectures of all senior scholars and artists and other required meetings; and present their accomplishments at the end of the program.
Selected fellows receive
- Lodging in Giverny,
- A $5,000 stipend (artists receive an additional $300 for the purchase of materials), and
- A travel contribution (up to $250 for individuals traveling from Europe; up to $800 for individuals traveling from outside Europe).
- Amériques (Catégorie principale)
- Périodes > Époque contemporaine > XIXe siècle
- Espaces > Amériques > États-Unis
- Esprit et Langage > Représentations > Histoire de l'Art
- Périodes > Époque contemporaine > XXe siècle
- Esprit et Langage > Représentations > Études visuelles
- Périodes > Époque contemporaine
- Esprit et Langage > Représentations
- 29 rue des Pyramides
Paris, France (75001)
- mardi 15 janvier 2013
- art, art history, histoire de l'art, fellowship, academic, predoctoral, master's, artists, États-Unis, American, United States
- ewa bobrowska
courriel : travelgrants [at] terraamericanart [dot] eu
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Chloe Peterson-Cochrane
courriel : intern2 [at] terraamericanart [dot] eu
Pour citer cette annonce
« Terra Foundation Summer Residency Fellowships (2013) », Bourse, prix et emploi, Calenda, Publié le jeudi 11 octobre 2012, http://calenda.org/223469
Archiver cette annonce
À lire sur le même thème
- Terra Summer Residency Fellowships
- Terra Foundation Summer Residency in Giverny
- Terra Foundation Fellowships at the Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Bourse: Terra Foundation Fellowships in American Art
- Smithsonian American Art Museum Fellowship Opportunities
- Academic Program Grants
- Terra Foundation Academic Program Grants (2013)
- Visiting Professorships at the Courtauld Institute of Art, London, 2013-2015
- Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowship at the Courtauld Institute of Art, London, 2013-2015
- American Art in Dialogue with Africa and the African Diaspora