AccueilMusic Encoding Conference 2013
Concepts, Methods, Editions
Publié le vendredi 21 décembre 2012 par Loïc Le Pape
As the conference has a dual focus on music encoding and scholarly editing in the context of the digital humanities, the Program Committee is also happy to announce keynote lectures by Frans Wiering (Universiteit Utrecht) and Daniel Pitti (University of Virginia), both distinguished scholars in their respective fields of musicology and markup technologies in the digital humanities.
Proposals for papers, posters, panel discussions, and pre-conference workshops are encouraged. Prospective topics for submissions include:
- theoretical and practical aspects of music, music notation models, and scholarly editing
- rendering of symbolic music data in audio and graphical forms
- relationships between symbolic music data, encoded text, and facsimile images
- capture, interchange, and re-purposing of music data and metadata
- ontologies, authority files, and linked data in music encoding
- additional topics relevant to music encoding and music editing
Online submissions : https://music-encoding.org/conftool
- For paper and poster proposals, abstracts of no more than 1000 words, with no more than five relevant bibliographic references, are requested. Panel sessions may be one and a half or three hours in length.
- Abstracts for panel sessions, describing the topic and nature of the session and including short biographies of the participants, should be no longer than 2000 words.
- Proposals for pre-conference workshops, to be held on May 21st, must include a description of space and technical requirements.
Author guidelines and authoritative stylesheets for each submission type will be made available on the conference webpage at http://music-encoding.org/conference/2013 in early December.
All accepted papers, posters, and panel sessions will be included in the conference proceedings, tentatively scheduled to be published by the end of 2013.
31 December 2012: Deadline for abstract submissions
- 31 January 2013: Notification of acceptance/rejection of submissions
- 21-24 May 2013: Conference
- 31 July 2013: Deadline for submission of full papers for conference proceedings
- December 2013: Publication of conference proceedings
- Ichiro Fujinaga, McGill University, Montreal
- Niels Krabbe, Det Kongelige Bibliotek, København,
- Elena Pierazzo, King's College, London
- Eleanor Selfridge-Field, CCARH, Stanford
- Joachim Veit, Universität Paderborn, Detmold
- Johannes Kepper, Universität Paderborn
- Daniel Röwenstrunk, Universität Paderborn
- Perry Roland, University of Virginia
- Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 2
Mayence, Allemagne (55131)
- lundi 31 décembre 2012
- Musicology, music encoding, music data, music librarianship
- Music Encoding Conference
courriel : conference2013 [at] music-encoding [dot] org
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Ele Kraft DARIAH-EU
courriel : dariah-info [at] dariah [dot] eu
Pour citer cette annonce
« Music Encoding Conference 2013 », Appel à contribution, Calenda, Publié le vendredi 21 décembre 2012, http://calenda.org/233369