King's College London-Digital Humanities (CeRch)
Publié le vendredi 21 décembre 2012 par Elsa Zotian
Established in 2008, the Centre for e-Research (CeRch) is a research centre located in the Department of Digital Humanities (DDH) to facilitate interdisciplinary, institutional, national and international collaboration. The Centre works collaboratively with researchers, research teams and groups, and as partners in research projects across King's College London. It also works in partnership with other UK HE, with European institutions, and internationally with HE library and research institutes. It has an extensive project portfolio funded by the Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC), the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC), the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), and the European Commission and has attracted over £3 million of research income since 2008.
Duties and responsabilities
The Centre for e-Research (CeRch) is seeking a Research Developer in dynamic web development including implementation of front-end interfaces. The Researcher will work across two major European Commission funded research infrastructure projects: the European Holocaust Research Infrastructure (EHRI) (www.ehri-project.eu) and Data Service Infrastructure for the Social Sciences and the Humanities (Dasish) (www.dasish.eu) projects. Her/his role will be to analyse research practices and translate and implement these in a Virtual Research Environment and research registries.
As a research developer, the successful candidate will be flexible in the choice of languages and technologies, and maintain a keen willingness to learn new skills. Aside from a general emphasis on open source development methodologies, she/he will have broad freedom to choose a development environment that suits her/him best. Experience with collaborative development around open-source code-hosting repositories (such as Github, Bitbucket or Google Code) would be a advantage.
Conditions of employement
- Salary : The appointment will be made, dependent on relevant qualifications, within the Grade 6 scale, currently £31,020 to £32,901, per annum plus £2,323 per annum London Allowance.
- Post duration : Fixed term contract for 18 months.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 28th December 2012.
Equality of opportunity is College policy.
- Londres, Grande-Bretagne
- vendredi 28 décembre 2012
- dynamic web development, research developer
- Tobias Blanke
courriel : tobias [dot] blanke [at] kcl [dot] ac [dot] uk
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Ele Kraft DARIAH-EU
courriel : dariah-info [at] dariah [dot] eu
Pour citer cette annonce
« Research Developer », Bourse, prix et emploi, Calenda, Publié le vendredi 21 décembre 2012, http://calenda.org/233407
Archiver cette annonce
À lire sur le même thème
- Trois postes de chercheurs postdoctoraux, histoire comparée / transnationale de l'Europe
- Projekt manager for Digital Humanities lab Denmark (DIGHUMLAB)
- The University of Luxembourg is recruiting an Associate Professor or Professor in Digital History
- Around the world in a TextGrid day
- Generation to Reproduction : Three job opportunities in Cambridge