AccueilNinth Annual Conference of Gastronometrica - Society for Quantification in Gastronomy
9th Annual Conference of SQG joined with the 21st annual VDQS Conference
Publié le mardi 31 décembre 2013 par Luigia Parlati
For its ninth conference, "Gastronometrica" or the measuring of "gourmet" products, associations and tastes, enters into adulthood and starts its own call for papers. The annual conference of the SQG (Society of Quantification in Gastronomy) allows researchers around the world involved in the sector of gastronometrics, to present their work and analysis. These may relate to the markets of "gourmet" products (excluding wines and spirits): for example olive oil or tomatoes or citrus fruits, meat or fish, cheese, ... especially on modeling these markets, strategies and impact of labels, distribution networks, ... But also on the relationship between quality and taste of food or the analysis of the results of taste classification: quality and gastronomy, the evolution of food and the institutions of gastronomy; .... And also the relevance of (gourmet) classification of restaurants or hotels and the impact on profitability of this recognition.
The "gastronomic" approach can be applied to all kind of food and their pairings. Validity of the process how to evaluate taste (applies to restaurants too!) Determination of the "hedonic" price (what the consumer is willing to pay). Determination of the various components in the hedonic price of the product (excluding cost of production in the strict sense): Protected Geographical Indication PGI (in French IGP), Protected Designatin of Origin PDO (in French AOP), quality labels, information, presentation, location, ...
Participation of the gastronomy in economic development (local, regional, national, ...) and social life (health, conviviality). Its purpose is to validate results, established by scientific and verifiable procedures. To reach this aim, the association uses qualitative economic studies, experimental studies, sociological analysis, as well as geographical or historical analysis.
Our conference will be held over three days from Wednesday, June 4th afternoon to Friday, June 6th evening. Some ten sessions of presenting the scientific papers are planned, as well as a permanent session (poster session) centered on the economic presentation of terroirs. An enological tour in the wine cellars of the region will be held Saturday, June 7th.
General and Usual Topics
Quality and Taste of Foodstuffs, Analysis of Results
- of the Experiments
- of Tasting and Classifications
Evolution and Institutions of Gastronomy
- Appearance of New Styles (slow food, ...)
Quality & Gastronomy
- Eligibility as a "Gourmet-Product"
- Intrinsic Quality and Tasting
- Impact of Labeling (on Quality, Quantity, Price)
- Evolution of Demand and Prices
- Modelling Purchasing Behaviours
- Impact on economic or social growth
This conference is organized by the Society for Quantification in Gastronomy - SQG ( http://www.gastronometrica.org ).
We are pleased and proud to receive a proposal for a scientific communication on your part. You should receive in return automatically a receipt (via e-mail) to confirm your submission if the filing process is completed properly.
Please be so kind and send (at least your abstract) in a Word-file, you can even observe the layout (template-link here). Your abstract should be substancial i.e. in particular include a presentation of the main results and their process of obtaining them and not exceed two pages of text (about 7000 characters).
Don't hesitate to fill in all the boxes, also the not obligatory ones, it greatly facilitates our management. In particular, do not forget to inform us about your co-authors (their names are part of the file name assigned to your documents).
BARRERE Christian HARRINGTON Robert
Université de Reims - FR University of Arkansas - US
- ALBISU Luis Miguel Agro-Food Economics Unit Zaragoza - ES
- BROUARD Joelle ESC Dijon - FR
- COMBRIS Pierre INRA Paris - FR
- CORSI Alessandro Univ. de Turin - IT
- FARDELLA Gian Gaspare Univ. of Palermo - IT
- MARCILHAC Vincent President-founder of Geofood - FR
- January 18, 2014 Deadline for submission of proposals (on-line submission on VDQS website)
- March 25, 2014 Program on-line
- April 12, 2014 End of possibility to send a modified text
- April 18, 2014 End of early bird tariff
- June 04 - 07, 2014 Conference in Lyons, France
- Économie (Catégorie principale)
- Bâtiment de l'ISARA (Institut supérieur d'agriculture et d'agroalimentaire Rhône-Alpes) - 23 Rue Jean Baldassini
Lyon, France (69)
- jeudi 16 janvier 2014
- Quality & Gastronomy, Gastronometric Studies, Quality and Taste of Foodstuffs, Modelling Purchasing Behaviours, Institutions of Gastronomy, Slow Food, Intrinsic Quality, Impact of Labeling
- Henri Serbat
courriel : hserbat [at] fed-eco [dot] org
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Heni Serbat
courriel : fedeco [at] fed-eco [dot] org
Pour citer cette annonce
« Ninth Annual Conference of Gastronometrica - Society for Quantification in Gastronomy », Appel à contribution, Calenda, Publié le mardi 31 décembre 2013, http://calenda.org/272097