AccueilKnowledge, Innovation and Technology Across Borders: An Emerging Research Agenda
An international conference held in ISCTE-IUL in collaboration with the European Journal of Innovation Management
Publié le jeudi 06 mars 2014 par Marie Pellen
Welcome to the KITAB 2014 Conference taking place in the Portuguese capital Lisbon: a city where the almost constant sunshine and the river Tagus transforms it into a mirror of a thousand colours. This city provides a magnificent setting for this conference organised by ISCTE-IUL, a leading higher education institution in Portugal, and the European Journal of Innovation Management. We hope that this Conference will initiate debate among academics and policy makers on the internationalisation of knowledge, technology and innovation. We aspire to offer sufficient opportunity for debate and the advancement of ideas, and publish the best papers in a Special Issue. We look forward to meeting you in Lisbon: offering a memorable experience that will benefit your career development.
This is combined with the emergence of views regarding the growing globalisation of economic activity. The contribution of knowledge and technology and a raft of new innovation in facilitating globalisation have been researched extensively. However, this is not the case regarding the internationalisation of knowledge and technology transfer and innovation. Rather surprisingly there is precious little research in this area.
Within this context, this Conference sets out to explore how the processes and challenges of knowledge and technology transfer across national boundaries, affect innovation performance. In addressing this, the conference will explore the following issues (though the list is not exhaustive):
- Open National Innovation Systems
- Internationalisation and Regional Innovation Systems
- The Globalisation of Innovation in different sectoral and geographical settings
- Dispersed global innovation networks in different sectoral and geographical settings
- The Institutional dimension in the internationalisation of knowledge, technology and innovation
- Intellectual property issues and international knowledge flows
- MNCs and the internationalisation of R & D and innovation
- SMEs in the internationalisation of innovation
- Policy issues (regionally, nationally, and transnationally) regarding the internationalisation of knowledge, technology and innovation
- Internationalisation of Knowledge Transfer between Universities and Enterprises
- The internationalisation of research, particularly in universities, and knowledge and innovation flows
Both conceptual and empirical papers are welcome in the Conference. The Conference organisers do not take a specific theoretical or methodological stance and would like to encourage contributions using a broad range of perspectives, and methods.
The best papers covering themes 1 – 9 above will be published in a Special Issue of the European Journal of Innovation Management (following a double-blind peer-review process) in 2015 – volume 18, issue 4. The Special Issue will be edited by Cristina Sousa (ISCTE-IUL) and Maria de Fátima Ferreiro (ISCTE-IUL).
Best papers covering themes 10 – 11 above may be published in Science, Technology and Society (Sage Publications).
Contributors should send a 600 word abstract focusing on i) the framework of the research (both empirically and/or in the literature), ii) research aim/question, iii) methods, iv) key contributions.
Abstracts should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com by the 4th of April 2014.
Notification of acceptance, including reviewer comments, will be forwarded to authors by the 18th of April 2014.
For inclusion in the Special Issue of the European Journal of Innovation Management full papers (incorporating feedback from the Conference) should be submitted by the 11th of July 2014 through the Journal’s manuscript submission system (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ejim).
For consideration in Science, Technology and Society papers should be submitted by the 11th of July 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The aim of the Organising Committee is to host a Conference that allows sufficient time for the discussion of papers, and provide feedback to researchers from established academics in the field.
- Maria de Fátima Ferreiro, Professor of Economics and Researcher at DINAMIA’CET-IUL, ISCTE-IUL, Portugal;
- Christos Kalantaridis, Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation & Director of the Bradford, Research in Innovation Technology and Entrepreneurship Lab, Editor of the European Journal of Innovation Management, University of Bradford, UK;
- Venni Venkata Krishna, Professor of Science Policy, Founder-Editor of the Journal Science, Technology and Society, consultant to UNESCO and the ILO, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India;
- Cristina Sousa, Research Fellow at DINAMIA’CET-IUL and Visiting Professor of Economics of Knowledge and Innovation, ISCTE-IUL, Portugal;
- Faimara do Rocio Strauhs, Professor of Knowledge Management, Director of the PhD in Technology Management & Member of the Advisory Council of the journal AtoZ: novas práticas em informação e conhecimento, Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná, Brazil;
- Thomas W. Thurner, Research Professor, Research Laboratory for Economics of Innovation, Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge, Higher School of Economics Moscow, Russian Federation;
- Urve Venesaar, Professor of Entrepreneurship & Vice-Dean for Research at the Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Editor of the Journal ‘Research in Economics and Business: Central and Eastern Europe’, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia.
- Économie (Catégorie principale)
- Ala Autónoma, Av. das Forças Armadas
Lisbonne, Portugal (1649-026)
- vendredi 04 avril 2014
- Knowledge, Innovation, Technology, Society
- Cristina de Sousa
courriel : kitablisbon2014 [at] gmail [dot] com
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Bruno Vasconcelos
courriel : bruno [dot] vasconcelos [at] iscte [dot] pt
Pour citer cette annonce
« Knowledge, Innovation and Technology Across Borders: An Emerging Research Agenda », Appel à contribution, Calenda, Publié le jeudi 06 mars 2014, http://calenda.org/279824