AccueilXXe conférence annuelle du programme « Partenariat avec les universités dans le domaine de la recherche et du développement en matière douanière » (PICARD)
XXe conférence annuelle du programme « Partenariat avec les universités dans le domaine de la recherche et du développement en matière douanière » (PICARD)
10th Annual World Customs Organization PICARD Conference
Publié le jeudi 19 février 2015 par Céline Guilleux
The World Customs Organization (WCO) and the Azerbaijan Customs are pleased to announce the 10th annual WCO PICARD conference. The conference will take place in Baku, Azerbaijan, from 8 to 10 September 2015. Papers should focus on Customs or, more globally, the regulation, dynamics, and practices of the international trade of goods. The WCO encourages attendance and paper submissions from anthropologists, economists, geographers, historians, lawyers, and political scientists. The WCO is particularly interested in interdisciplinary approaches regarding contemporary systems of regulation and control at borders.
You are cordially invited to submit your research for presentation at the conference. Papers should focus on Customs or, more globally, the regulation, dynamics, and practices of the international trade of goods.
The conference in particular welcomes and encourages attendance and paper submissions from anthropologists, economists, geographers, historians, lawyers, and political scientists. The WCO is particularly interested in interdisciplinary approaches regarding contemporary systems of regulation and control at borders.
Please note that papers are required; abstracts will not be considered.
Submitted papers can be working papers or papers recently published; preference, however, will be given to papers that have not yet been published.
Papers should be submitted in accordance with the following requirements: a maximum of 10,000 words (not including the bibliography), Arial font size 11, footnotes rather than endnotes should be used.
Submissions should be in English, French, Russian, or Spanish.
Ample time will be allowed for discussion and simultaneous interpretation will be provided at the Conference in the aforementioned four languages and Azerbaijani.
Alternatively, or in addition, you are invited to propose a panel consisting of 2 or 3 speakers on a cohesive topic that would include the presentation of research already conducted or nearing completion by 1 June 2015. The proposed panel should include at least one completed paper, whether already published or not.
To respond to this Call for Papers, please submit papers or panel proposals with the following details by email to Picard2015@wcoomd.org :
- Name, title, and biography (maximum 250 words) of author or authors
- Current position, organization, and country of author or authors
- Contact email and telephone
- Proposed title of paper
no later than 1 June 2015.
Authors will be notified by 15 July 2015 of acceptance or rejection of their paper for presentation at the conference.
The WCO is grateful to the Korea Customs Service for its donor support.
The WCO is also grateful to Emmanuel Brunet-Jailly, Juha Hintsa, Mick Moore, Cedric Parizot and Gael Raballand for participating in the selection of the papers.
If necessary, the WCO will seek to identify funding for reasonable travel and hotel expenses for a small number of presenters selected under this Call for Papers that lack institutional backing.
Options for publication of selected papers can be discussed with authors.
Information about the conference including venue, accommodation, visa requirements, and registration, will be made available in due course at the following website address: http://www.wcoomd.org/en/events.aspx
- Robert Ireland (Head, WCO Research Unit)
- Igbal Babayev, Azerbaijan Customs Service
- Emmanuel Brunet-Jailly, Professor, University of Victoria (Canada); Editor, Journal of Borderland Studies
- Thomas Cantens, Technical Officer, WCO Research Unit; Researcher at the Centre Norbert Elias (CNRS/EHESS)
- Chang-Ryung Han, Technical Officer, WCO Research Unit
- Juha Hintsa, Director, Cross-Border Research Association
- Rachel McGauran, Research Analyst, WCO Research Unit
- Mick Moore, Professorial Fellow, Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex and Chief Executive Officer of the International Centre for Tax and Development
- Christine Msemburi, Executive Director, WCO Regional Office for Capacity Building, East and Southern Africa
- Cedric Parizot, Researcher, National Center for Scientific Research, Research and Studies Institute of the Arab and Muslim World, University of Aix-Marseille (France); AntiAtlas
- Mariya Polner, Policy Advisor, WCO Enforcement Sub Directorate
- Gaël Raballand, Senior Public Sector and Governance Specialist, World Bank
- David Widdowson, President, International Network of Customs Universities; Editor-in-Chief, World Customs Journal
- Économie (Catégorie principale)
- Sociétés > Histoire > Histoire économique
- Sociétés > Économie > Économie politique
- Sociétés > Droit > Sociologie du droit
- Sociétés > Ethnologie, anthropologie > Anthropologie politique
- Sociétés > Études du politique > Relations internationales
- Sociétés > Géographie > Espace, société et territoire
- Sociétés > Sociologie > Sociologie économique
- Bakou, Azerbaïdjan
- lundi 01 juin 2015
- douane, custom, international trade, commerce international
courriel : picard2015 [at] wcoomd [dot] org
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Thomas Cantens
courriel : thomas [dot] cantens [at] wcoomd [dot] org
Pour citer cette annonce
« XXe conférence annuelle du programme « Partenariat avec les universités dans le domaine de la recherche et du développement en matière douanière » (PICARD) », Appel à contribution, Calenda, Publié le jeudi 19 février 2015, http://calenda.org/317969