AccueilChallenges for the new rurality in a changing world
7th International conference on Localized Agri-food Systems
Publié le lundi 01 février 2016 par Céline Guilleux
During the last decades, Localized agri-food systems (SYAL) have become increasingly important as tools for farmers, rural firms and consumers to meet market challenges and satisfy the rising demand for "food with a farmers face". The potential contribution of localized agri-food systems to rural development by promoting economic development, social cohesion and counter-acting the demographic impact of agricultural modernization has also increased their political relevance. Previous research has addressed various aspects of the relationship between SYAL and geographical indications, as well as territorial, organizational and cultural issues, but there are still many unanswered questions and theoretical gaps to fill.
The European Research Group SYAL, the REDSIAL (Latin American Network on Localised Agri-food Systems) the Nordic Association of Agricultural Scientist NJF, and Södertörn University welcomes you to the 7th conference on localized agri-food systems. The conference will be organized by Södertörn University, NJF, ERG SYAL and REDSIAL, and held in Stockholm the 8-10 of May 2016.
During the last decades, Localized agri-food systems (SYAL) have become increasingly important as tools for farmers, rural firms and consumers to meet market challenges and satisfy the rising demand for “food with a farmers face”. The potential contribution of localized agri-food systems to rural development by promoting economic development, social cohesion and counter-acting the demographic impact of agricultural modernization has also increased their political relevance. Previous research has addressed various aspects of the relationship between SYAL and geographical indications, as well as territorial, organizational and cultural issues, but there are still many unanswered questions and theoretical gaps to fill.
We welcome all topics related to localized agri-food systems, Alternative Agro-food Networks, short food chains and the new rurality.
Topic 1. New rurality
Scientific coordination: Marcello Champredonde, Artur Cristovao and Paulina Rytkönen
1. The new rurality in the Baltic and Eastern European countries in turbulent times.
Convenors: Dominique Barjolle, Swiss Institute of Organic Farming and Paulina Rytkönen, Södertörn University.
2. Knowledge and knowledge transfer, inter-activity, connectivity, value creation and cocreation and new forms and arenas for interaction in the new rurality
Convenor: Lars Degerstedt, Södertörn University and Marcello de Rosa, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Entrepreneurship and Innovative Glocal Solutions for New Ruralities
Convenor : Malin Gawell, EnterForum
4. Gender, Institutions and Regional Development in the New Rurality.
Convenor: Ursula Hård, Stockholm University.
Topic 2. Territorial Governance and LAFS
Scientific Coordination: François Casabianca and Javier Sanz Cañada
5. Territorial governance and innovation in Local Agro-food Systems
Convenors: Giovanni Belletti, University of Florence and Javier Sanz Canada, CSIC.
6. General session on localized agri-food systems. Lock-in and transition for localized agri-food systems in a changing world.
Convenor: Francois Casabianca, INRA.
7. Geographical indications in Syal
Convenors: Delphine Marie-Vivien, CIRAD, Erik Thévenod-Mottet, Université de Lyon
Topic 3. LAFS and the market: Short Food Chain, Public Procurement, and Tourism
Scientific Coordination: Claire Cerdan and Giovanni Belletti
8. Short food chains and SIAL
Convenors: Sarah Bowen, North Carolina State University and Mario Pensado, Redsial Americana.
9. Local & organic food, institutional customers and public procurement.
Convenor: Helmi Risku Norja, University of Helsinki
10. Rural tourism, heritage and regional transformations
Convenors: Saeid Abbasian and Christian Widholm, Södertörn University
Topic 4. Environment and Agroecology for the SYAL
Scientific coordination: Dominique Barjolle and Paulo Viera
11. Biowaste management: key factor for resilient and sustainable localized agri-food systems
Covenors: Franco Llobera (Red Terrae and Uniposible Madrid), Marian Simon Rojo (Technical University of Madrid)
12. Environment and Agroecology for the SYAL Session 4: Sustainability and Agroecology for SYAL
Convenors: Florence Tartanac and Emilie Vandecandelaere (FAO), Stéphane Bellon (INRA)
13. Assessing sustainability of food systems: a way to compare local with global food systems
Convenor: Gianluca Brunori, (Pisa University)
Day 1, 8th of May
Day 2, 9th of May
- 08:00-09:00 Coffee and Registration (Café- Inscripciones)
- 09:00- 09.05 Welcome ((Palabras de Bienvenida
- 09.05-10:00 Keynote (Conferencia) Professor Terry Marsden
- 10.00-10.30 Coffee break – pausa de café
- 10:30-12:00 Parallell sessions (Sesiones paralelas)
- 12.00-13.00 Lunch break – (pausa de almuerzo)
- 13:00-14:30 Parallell sessions (Sesiones paralelas)
- 14:30-15:00 Coffee break – (pausa de café)
- 15:00-16:30 Parallell sessions (Sesiones paralelas)
- 16:30-17:00 Panel session
- 18:00-18:45 Keynote, Marcelo Champredonde, Head of Redsial Latin America, Conferencia de Marcelo Champredonde, Coordinador de la Red SIAL Americana “Desafíos para la nueva ruralidad en América Latina”
- 19:00-20:30 Reception (Cocktail)
Day 3, 10th of May
- 09:00-10.00 Keynote speech Professor André Torre, INRA “Territorial proximity, territorial governance and challenges for the new rurality"
- 10.00-10.30 Refreshments (Café y Refrescos)
- 10.30-12.00 Paralell sessions – (Sesiones paralelas)
- 12.00-13.00 Lunch – (Almuerzo)
- 13.00-14.30 Parallell sessions (Sesiones paralelas)
- 14.30-15.00 Coffee break – (pausa de café)
- 15:00-16:30 Paralell sessions –(sesiones paralelas)
- 16.30-17.30 Conference summary panel session - ERG Syal and NJF
- 19:00 Conference dinner (conferencia – Cena)
Day 4, 11th of May
- 10.00-12.00 ERG Syal steering committee
- 12.00-13.30 International SYAL Post conference lunch meeting – ERG SYAL and Executive comittee RedSial Americana
We welcome all topics related to the new rurality and localized agri-food systems
Important deadlines :
Submission of abstracts (papers and posters): January 31st 2016 (500 words)
- Submission of full papers, first version: 1st of March
- Comments on papers first version: 15th of March
- Submission of full papers (for proceedings): 30th of March
Contact information: Paulina Rytkönen, SYALStockholm2016@sh.se
Conference home page: http://www.sh.se/SYALStockholm2016
Full papers can have a maximum of 10 pages, including references. Template for full papers will be published in the home page of the conference no later than 31st of January 2016.
- Paulina Rytkönen, Södertörn University (Chair), Sweden (ERG Syal and NJF).
- Dominique Barjolle, Swiss Institute of Organic Farming, Switzerland.
- Giovanni Belletti, Department of Economics, University of Florence, Italy.
- Claire Cerdan, CIRAD, France
- Artur Cristovao, Universidade Tras-os-Montes e Alto Douro, Portugal.
- Francois Casabianca, INRA, France
- Javier Sanz Canada, Centro de Ciencias Humanas y Sociales, Spain.
- Marcelo Champredonde, INTA,Argentina
- Paulo Viera, Universidade de Santa Catarina, Brazil
- 141 89 Huddinge
- dimanche 31 janvier 2016
- localized agrifood system, new rurality, knowledge transfer, entrepreneurship, gender, territorial governance, short food sup lain chain
- Paulina Rytkönen
courriel : paulina [dot] rytkonen [at] sh [dot] se
URLS de référence
Source de l'information
- Claire Cerdan
courriel : claire [dot] cerdan [at] cirad [dot] fr
Pour citer cette annonce
« Challenges for the new rurality in a changing world », Appel à contribution, Calenda, Publié le lundi 01 février 2016, http://calenda.org/354497
Archiver cette annonce
À lire sur le même thème
- Social Factors and Cross-cultural Aspects of Culinary and Eating Behaviors and Practices
- Échelles de l'alimentation : une perspective asiatique
- What's new in the economics of innovation?
- Multidisciplinary Approaches to Food and Foodways in the Medieval Eastern Mediterranean
- Urban transitions to sustainability