AccueilPost-Doctoral Fellowship: Agrarian History
Bolsa de pós-doutoramento: História Agrária
Publié le jeudi 18 juin 2015 par João Fernandes
The CIDEHUS (Interdisciplinary Center of History, Cultures and Societies of University of Évora) is opening the call for 1 Post-Doctoral fellowship, within the framework of UID/HIS/00057/2013 Project, with financial support from FCT/MEC (through national funds, eventually co-financed by FEDER (PT2020 Partnership agreement)
The CIDEHUS (Interdisciplinary Center of History, Cultures and Societies of University of Évora) is opening the call for 1 Post-Doctoral fellowship, within the framework of UID/HIS/00057/2013 Project, with financial support from FCT/MEC (through national funds, eventually co-financed by FEDER (PT2020 Partnership agreement).
Agrarian History / Digital Humanities / Heritage
- PhD in History or in other specific field of History;
- Experience of connecting History with Digital Humanities and Heritage;
- Publications in International Journals with referees;
- Proved experience in research and participation in national or international projects;
- English language fluency (written and spoken);
- Availability to reside in Portugal;
- To submit all the documentation.
- Experience of connecting Agrarian History with Heritage studies;
- Good domain of digital technologies;
- Expertise on Paleography;
- Project convergence with the guidelines of the CIDEHUS Strategic project.
todesign and to implement research on Agrarian History in the long term; to create links with international networks and in that context, draw, lead or support applications for international projects; to stimulate international seminars; to propose and promote innovative diffusion Agrarian History and Humanities content on web; disseminating research results in international journals with high impact factor (submission requirement of two articles at the end of the annual contract).
The fellowship will be attributed through a contract between the University of Évora and the selected candidate, in the terms of “Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Universidade de Évora (Ordem de Serviço nº1/2011)”, according to the “Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação Científica (Lei nº40/2004 de 18 de Agosto)” and the “Regulamento de Bolsas e Investigação” da Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, as presently valid. (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2015.pdf
The fellow will work at CIDEHUS – Interdisciplinary Center of History, Cultures and Societies of Évora University, under scientific supervision of Professors Mafalda Soares da Cunha and Hermínia Vilar scientific supervision.
Duration of the Fellowship
one year, beginning in September 2015, renewable for a maximum of two years. The fellowship will not be linked to the above mentioned project, beyond the period of this project’s eligibility.
Amount of the Fellowship
The monthly subsidy will be of 1.495,00 €, to which insurance costs will be added, in conformity with the fellowships’ table as they are directly attributed by FCT, I.P. in this country. (See http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). Payments will be made every month, by bank check or by banking transfer.
- Curriculum evaluation (from 0 to 50 points) + project (from 0 to 40 points) + motivation letter (from 0 to10 points);
- Interview with candidates (maximum 7) having obtained the highest number of points during the first phase. The interview may take place through videoconference, or via Skype – from 0 to 100 points.
The fellowship will be attributed, depending on the fulfillment of the above described requisites, on the reception of all documentation required, on the scientific evaluation and on the financing institution’s budget availability.
President: Doutor Hermínia Vasconcelos Vilar
1.º Member – Doutor Mafalda Soares da Cunha
2.º Member – Doutor Maria Ana Bernardo
1.º Alternate Member – Doutor Paulo Guimarães
2.º Alternate Member – Doutor Antónia Fialho Conde
Form of advertising / notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be published in CIDEHUS, Palácio do Vimioso of Évora University, through list sorted by final score obtained, and all candidates notified by e-mail.
Deadline for application
The call will be open from the
19 June to 6th July 2015
and the selection results will be published before the end of July 2015.
The application must include the following documents:
- Detailed CV (must mention the academic degrees, scientific areas and the marks obtained in the bachelor, master, doctoral and later training experiences that eventually gather);
- Simple photocopy of certificates;
- Motivation letter;
- Research project, written with a maximum of 2000 words, which should connect the proposed tasks with the CIDEHUS Strategic project. For this, is mandatory a milestone scheduled for a period shorter than 12 months. For more information on the strategic project, see the CIDEHUS website http://www.cidehus.uevora.pt/ and http://gdoc.uevora.pt/388960
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Copy or link to the full content of 1 or 2 publications that you consider expressive of your skills;
- Other documents considered relevant.
NOTE: the letter of motivation and the project must be written in one of the following languages: Portuguese / English / Spanish / French
Applications should be sent by post mail or by email, including in the subject “Application to Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Agrarian History – CIDEHUS – UID/HIS/00057/2013”, to:CIDEHUS.UE Centro Interdisciplinar de História, Culturas e Sociedades da Universidade de Évora Palácio do Vimioso Largo do Marquês de Marialva, n.º 8 Apartado 94 7000-809 Évora e-mail: email@example.com
- CIDEHUS.UE - Largo do Marquês de Marialva, n.º 8
Evora, Portugal (7000-809)
- lundi 06 juillet 2015
- Agrarian History
- Carla Malheiro
courriel : cidehus [at] uevora [dot] pt
Source de l'information
- Madalena Vaz Freire
courriel : mvfreire [at] uevora [dot] pt
Pour citer cette annonce
« Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Agrarian History », Bourse, prix et emploi, Calenda, Publié le jeudi 18 juin 2015, http://calenda.org/332243